Brynejenta i Uniten

A blog about my EF High School Year in Wright City, Missouri.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Providence PALACE!

I got up really early today, to go meet the Taiwanese kids in teh Dining Hall. I met them yesterday, during the karaoke. They just came over, and asked for my anme, and stuff. Really cute! And they're only 12 years old, and speak perfect English! So they met me at breakfast, and they brought me lots of gifts (don't really know why), and took lots of pictures with me in them, and them doing the V-sign, of course. Typical Asian thing, I think. Cute though...

We had classes from 9am till 3pm, and then we rode yellow school busses (how cool!!!) to Providence Place, a huge shopping mall in Providence, the Rhode Island state capitol. Yay. I went with Hannah, and we went to a major bookstore, where I got Frou Frou and Death Cab for Cutie, and a magazine called Giant, and then we just walked around, checking out the shops. I found a Hot Topic shop, where I bought a "Vote for Pedro" sticker, a Star Wars t-shirt, and a Sin City t-shirt (both baby-dolls).

At around 6:30, there was a major strike of lightning, and the electricity was out for a few seconds, and every American in the building freaked! So funny! They freak all the time, over the smallest of things... Weird....

Anyway, I better get going, I really need a shower, and then I have to go meet the Taiwanese kids at 9pm, cuz I got them some small gifts at Claire. See ya!