Brynejenta i Uniten

A blog about my EF High School Year in Wright City, Missouri.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Old School Skating

Yesterday we went skating, and it was SO cool! We went to the United Skates of America, which is a skating rink over in Providence, and we all rented a pair of old school skates, you know the ones with two wheels in the front, and two in the back? I haven't tried those since I was about 7 years old, I think, so it was a little weird in the beginning, but after a while, I really got the hang of it. I skated with Hannah and Steffi, and then with Martin, a friend of Mike's (we HAD to go girl + boy, because they had these theme thingies that we had to do). They also turned of the lights for about half an hour, so that we had to skate in the dark. It was really neat!

Some of the students went to Laser Tag, which is a type of game that you play with lasers. I didn't really want to go there, because I wanted to hang with all the other kids, and skate, cuz it was loads of fun!

Today we're gonna have a volleyball tournament, and it's gonna be so cool! I'm gonna be on the B3 team (my class), and we're gonna play everyone in our pod. Yay! We're gonna be in the big gym (which is HUGE after Norwegian standards), and there's gonna be three courts. Wow!

I might be able to upload some pictures from the skating later today, but I'm not sure if there will be time for it. We're all very busy here! :)