Brynejenta i Uniten

A blog about my EF High School Year in Wright City, Missouri.

Monday, August 01, 2005

On track!

Oh wow, lots of things have happened since that last post! First of all, I left camp! The last day?night at camp was great. We stayed up all night, because the first busses were leaving at 2am... I hung out with Martin, Mike, Hannah and Steffi most of the time. We watched movies, went to the yearbook presentation, to the dance, and just hung out. I also finished my packing pretty early. In class, we got this little book that everyone signed, and it was really cool.

After I'd said all my goodbyes, I got on the 3:30am bus to Boston (Mike and Martin were on the same bus to Provindence), and I sat with Jacquie, the Austrlian girl. She's really nice, and she knows just as much about movies that I do! And she's really into Napoleon Dynamite, so we had quite a few good laughs on the road.

After another unhealthy breakfast (fries), we got on the plane at about 5:30, and landed in St. Louis at 9:45 local time. I hugged all the EF people (Magnus, Joran, Jacquie), and then we went to the luggage pick up area, where our new families were waiting. The Schwartz family were there, and Nathan was holding this really neat poster that said "Ine, Welcome to Misoouri".

Before we went to their house, we stopped at Wal Mart for some food for my host grandma, which was great, cuz I love Wal Mart!

Later, we went for lunch at my host grandma's house, where I met some relatives of Franci, who were really nice. The first thing they said to me was "You don't look like Pippi Longstockings at all!"

When we got back, I put all my stuff into my new room, decorated it a little, and just tidyed it up. It looks really nice by the way.

Today we've been to Stuart's sister's place (Vicky), and it was really cool! We got lots of good food (hush puppies, fish, home made fries, mac&cheese, etc.), and I hung out with the kids: Charles, Alex, Ryan, Ashlee, Samantha, Nicole and Nathan. Thomas was there too, but he's just 2 years (I think) old. We watched TV (Mythbusters on Discovery, and then a Disney Channel movie), played with the frisbee, and just had loads of fun.

Oh well, I better get going, I wanna read some more Harry Potter before I go to bed! See ya!

1 Comments:

At 10:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home