Brynejenta i Uniten

A blog about my EF High School Year in Wright City, Missouri.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Tryouts


Go Wildcats!
Originally uploaded by lee holloway.

My cheerleading tryouts started yesterday (Wednesday), and cheerleading is actually a lot harder than one would think! First of all, there's all the stretching, then there's learning the cheers and chants, and then you have to scream loud AND remember to keep every single body part in the right position... Wow... But I'm getting the hang of it.

The first thing we did was to stretch out in a circle. Staci (my homegirl) was the leader, and everyone was about to give up when she pulled her leg up behind her back and around her neck... Then she proceeded to stretch her legs out and put her head down on the ground... Flippin' acrobate! She's good though.

Then we learned the chant and the cheer, and about cheerios and donuts and buckets and birds (don't ask). The chant goes like this:

Take it away
DEFENSE
Take it away
(2 claps)

And it's gotta be really loud. And then there's the cheer:

Wright City!
We're #1
The cats are here, let's hear you cheer
Yell blue and gold (come on!) blue and gold
YEAH!

Yay! I love it! And today, we learned stunting. First we did a simple lift up, and then we cradled. I was kind of nervous about the cradle, because I was backing up the girl who was being cradled, and I was the one responsible for catching her... Anyway, it went fine, and I caught her.

We also had to show our cheers and chants and toe-touches (arg...) to the tutors (in my case, Waymond and Greg), and that was pretty embarrassing... But guess what! Greg, Lauren, Staci and Waymond said I was doing really good! I really hope I get one of the three spots on the squad... Oh well, I'll do my best on the tryouts tomorrow, and we'll see what happens!

Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home