Brynejenta i Uniten

A blog about my EF High School Year in Wright City, Missouri.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

End of tryouts


Cheerleading practice
Originally uploaded by lee holloway.

Yesterday was the last day of tryouts, which ment that we had to show our newly learned skills to both coaches and both captains. I was a little bit nervous, and when I found out that I was trying out with Heather (she's been a cheerleader all through middle school) I got kind of worried. But I thought, 'do your best, and it'll be okay'. So I went in there, and did my best. Mrs. Manning (the JV coach) said that she would only call the ones who made it, and she would call before 6pm.

So I left school, and Franci and I went to Wal Mart to pick up some pictures and do some grocery shopping. On the way home, we stopped at Sonic for some food, and I remembered the call. It was around 5pm, so I figured that it might be worth a try. So I asked Franci if she could call the answering machine at home an check. So she did, and when she was done listening to the messages, she handed me the phone, and went "hear this". When I heard "Hi Schwartzes, this is Ms. Manning from WCHS" I went "YEAAAHHH!! I MADE IT!". Woo-hoo! So out of 12 girls, they decided to pick me, Heather (I called her) and one other girl. I'm guessing it's Natalie. Oh well, I made it and I am SO happy!! (And a little bit proud of myself). All I have to do now is learn the split, so that I can do the Scorpion.

Practice starts on Monday, and uniform fitting is on Tuesday. I'm not sure when the first game is, though... By the way, in case I didn't mention it, I am on the JV (Junior Varsity, because I haven't done it before, I couldn't be on Varsity) Basketball Cheerleading Squad. Yessss...